Saturday, August 14, 2010

It's time.

It's that time of the summer when we're just about done. Camps are finished. The library has lost its luster. The fighting is at its peak. We can't play outside for fear of heat stroke. TV isn't even fun anymore. It's time for school. We're ready.

We went to the museum of natural science for a change of scenery. What's not to like about the IMAX, butterflies, and stuffed Texas wildlife?

You didn't think that question was rhetorical, did you? I was super thrilled to find out that the only IMAX movie not advertised as 3D, was--in fact--3D. Remember how much I love 3D? The younger two spent the entire movie with their glasses off. I spent the movie shhh-ing them, all the while balancing my 3D glasses on top of my real glasses, and trying to learn about the sardines' migratory swim up the African coast.

Next stop--the butterfly exhibit!

Rose loved it. See for yourself. She most certainly did not complain about the heat and humidity. She and Lucy most certainly weren't deathly afraid of the butterflies, and didn't spoil other people's enjoyment of the butterflies with their screaming and crying. No way.

There were some actual good moments, of course. Thomas was so proud that this butterfly chose his shoulder as its place of rest.

And the kids did get their energy out at the end of our field trip. I properly call this photo 4 kids, 2 trash cans, a statue, and 1 giant dragonfly:

9 comments:

sharon said...

Still jealous mine started this morning? What a relief. Everything that's going on at your house was going on at mine. No more. I'm starting your countdown to August 23.

MELANIE said...

I LOVE that dragonfly picture. Cute.

Mama/Linda said...

Nana's coming, so we will do some fun things during the last week of their vacation!

Jennifer said...

That dragonfly photo is SOOOO Josephina. I LOVE it.

Josephina Finchworth said...

Oooh... Jennifer's right. It's lovely.

The Moser Fam... said...

I love this post and your sense of humor and your cute kids. :)

parsonsfamily said...

you are hilarious. I love that last picture.

the deKorne family said...

i love that hill! way to go on the museum. you are a good mom.

Lauren said...

Haha! I love the dragonfly picture, too! (Like Melanie) I actually laughed outloud!