Saturday, May 29, 2010

What up?

I have company on the way, unfinished birthday party preparations for my third-born , and my house is still a mess. I thought now was as good a time as any to update the ole blog. Let's see...

*We found a new favorite place. Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt. It's self-serve yogurt. With like 20 flavors of yogurt to choose from. You pick up your cup, choose your yogurt, choose your toppings. You pay by the ounce. It's a fun, happy place. See? Even Popeye and her brother and sisters agree.
*I got a new driver licencse. (Yes, it's driver license, not driver's license. Look it up if you don't believe me.) The DPS is a ridiculous place. After waiting in a long line to check in, I was given a number, which was my signal to get in yet another line for my license. My number was 83. I scanned the entire place for one of those "now serving" signs, like this one:

Nope. Why get one of those when a DPS employee with a cheery disposition awaits high on her perch to notify you herself? "LISTEN UP! HUSH NOW! Number 61...Number 62...Number 63...Number 64." It was gonna be awhile.

*Rose is turning 4 in just two short weeks. I love 4-year-olds. I love their questions. This might be one of my favorite questions of all time:
"Mommy, why do dogs have the same kind of poop as people, and birds don't?"

Awesome.

*I went to a Teacher Supply store the other day. My heart was all aflutter. I became intoxicated by the math manipulatives and science magnets. I wanted to touch everything in sight. I swear if I was in there any longer, I may have dropped my resume off with a couple of school districts on the way home. Not really. But almost.

*America watched as Lee DeWyze was crowned the Season 9 winner of American Idol. Or did you, America? Did you make it to the end of the 2010 Has-Been Reunion? Will I ever recover from watching the dead BeeGee sing? or seeing Janet and Christina's rears? or Mike Lynch upstaging the Doobie Brother? or Crystal playing tag with Alanis Morissette? I may not, America. I may not.
Photobucket

7 comments:

Abby said...

Once again, I am so glad I broke up with AI this year.

I want that yogurt place, please.

And also, your kids are really, really cute.

MELANIE said...

Man, THIS American missed Idol...

Laughed OUT LOUD at the poop question. That was indeed awesome. Good question. hahahahahahahahahaha I LOVE ROSE.

Mama/Linda said...

3 things: Casey James could be a son of the Bee Gees. You had no comment on Joe Cocker? Scary man. Rose's question was thought-provoking. (he he)

parsonsfamily said...

We love that place!!! I'm talking about Orange Leaf by the way....but now realize I may be missing something based on these other comments. =)

parsonsfamily said...

Ok, realized I was so excited about Orange Leaf that I made a comment just based on the pictures before the text even loaded.

the deKorne family said...

i feel the same way about teacher supply stores. even schools. i get this wistful feeling in my heart. but it usually goes away when i think about standardized tests and turning in lesson plans. wish i was there to eat yogurt. or do pretty much anything. miss you.

Sharon said...

i still haven't watched the AI finale, which goes to show that the results shows are just a waste of time until the last 5 minutes.