Thursday, January 28, 2010

How NOT to speak with your credit union representative

When accesseing account information over the phone with your credit union, it's always good to prepare yourself and study hard for the security questions.



Representative: Sir, what is your dad's date of birth?

Customer: Ummmm. (silence, while customer frantically texts his wife)

Representative: What is your dad's birthday?

Customer: Ummmm. Shoot. I think it's in November. (Why isn't wife texting me back?!?!)

Representative: Your dad's birthday, sir?

Customer: November...21....1958?

Represenative: No sir, that is not correct. (not by a long shot)



Representative: What are the last 8 digits of the credit card you have with us sir?

Customer: I have a credit card with you?



This is going well so far, don't you think? Let's continue...



Representative: Sir, what is the make and model of the car you have financed with us?

Customer: Oh, I got this. An '06 Toyota Sienna.

Representative: Silence, followed by Ummmmm.

Customer: Oh, are you showing an Infiniti? That's it. An Infiniti G35. (Customer is now feeling more confident.)



***Crickets Chirping. No response from Representative.



Customer: Are you there? What ever happened to "Mother's Maiden Name? I've got that."

Representaive: We won't be able to help you today, Mr. Customer. If that's even who you are.



Beware of trick questions from the credit union representative. They can be crafty, and oh so cunning. After cramming for his questions and 3 calls to different representatives (with as many red flags on the account, I'm sure), Customer realized he doesn't have a car financed through his credit union. The answer was...none of the above.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm assuming this happened to Jeremy. I'm laughing now because I can totally see the look on his face as he trying to talk to the guy on the other end.

Tammy said...

That's pretty funny - I miss questions like mother's maiden name too - I can get flustered trying to remember exactly what answer I'm supposed to give to some of those questions!!

Mama/Linda said...

And I always thought my SIL was never rattled! Always had just the perfect answer.....who knew?? JK, Jeremy!

MELANIE said...

Now, THAT was FuNnY! hahahahaha! Laughing out loud. Love to laugh at funny Liardon stories. :)

Jennifer said...

Best story I've heard in DAYS. Love it.