Monday, December 14, 2009

Remembering Great-Grandpa

Last week we said goodbye to Jeremy's sweet Grandpa. We remember a happy, gentle

tender man who loved his family,

his country,
his job (this is Jeremy's favorite picture of his grandpa--I couldn't resist),
his wife of 63 years,
dancing and music (especially polka).
We love you Grandpa, and we miss you already.

Photobucket

11 comments:

MELANIE said...

that was very sweet! :)

the deKorne family said...

So sweet...what an adorable man and wonderful post. He has a good legacy left behind!!!

The Moser Fam... said...

Your post was so nice. It is always hard to lose a grandparent. The old pictures are really neat. :)

Lauren said...

Oh Katie, I started crying when I read this....until I got to the end and thought of Shannon saying, "Find Grandpa on the couch!" I feel so blessed to have known him and have a fun memory of him!

Tammy said...

What a beautiful tribute!

Susan said...

touching. I cherish some of the stories you have shared.

Kimberly said...

Sad but sweet Katie...you said it just right...you always do

Abby said...

Beautiful pictures and post, Katie. Thinking of you and Jeremy!

Mama/Linda said...

A beautiful tribute to Grandpa, Katie!

The Torno's said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I'm sure that was rough.

Jennifer said...

This is such a sweet tribute to him. Thank you, Katie.