Sunday, January 20, 2008

Say what?!?

For Christmas, Jeremy gave me a gift certificate to Motherhood Maternity so I could get some new clothes for the last couple months of the pregnancy. I was so excited, because normally I would not indulge on myself...especially at this point. I'm quite comfortable in my "uniform," thank you very much. I've been on a mission to get the grey knit pants in style.

Friday was a teacher inservice day, so after we took Anna to preschool, Rose, Thomas, and I went shopping. They needed new shoes, and he had a gift card to spend from Christmas as well. Well, I didn't know of another time I'd be at the mall, and really wanted to get some new things with my gift card, so we traveled down to the maternity store. With the help of the sales lady, I picked out a few items, and went to try them on.

Thomas was nervous to sit on the chair outside the dressing room by himself, so I invited him to come in with me and Rose. As I slid my uniform pants off, Thomas, from behind me, exclaimed, "Whoa, Mama. You need to go on The Biggest Loser."

"Excuse ME?!?" His eyes became saucers as he realized--in some way--he had crossed the line. "What?" "I'm pregnant, Thomas. I have a baby growing inside of me. You are aware of that, yes?" He started digging a hole. "I...uh...well, I didn't know that the BABY was big...uh, I didn't...uh."

Isn't my son charming?
*************************************************************
I took Thomas to the HASSA (Houston Area Suzuki Strings Assoc.) Winter Workshop yesterday. It was his first workshop. He took a Master Class, where he played a polished piece for a teacher, and she gave him constructive feedback. Then after we broke for lunch, he took a technique class, followed by an interactive music history class. The workshop ended with a concert.

Thomas with his Master Class teacher

At the interactive history class during a ribbon demonstration on the Baroque period

The beginners got to join the concert at the very end to play their "Twinkle Variations." I was far away, and couldn't get it any lighter, but he's front and center.

4 comments:

MELANIE said...

Thomas is soooo funny!! I can't wait until Brady starts to say funny things. He means well. :) I could see him in the picture!!

Cindi Koceich said...

Yay...I'm so glad you're blogging! I'm adding you to my bloglines now!
Too funny about THomas! Kids say the darndest things!

Tammy said...

Okay, Katie, Thomas could have definelty been on that show" kids say the darnest things"

The Torno's said...

That is hilarious, and really cool that he is learning violin!