Okay, so yesterday my kids were in their respective places for rest time. It was finally quiet in the house, so I gathered my materials and sat down on the couch for my bi-monthly chore of counting box tops. It's my all-important volunteer position at Anna's pre-school on the parent advisory board: Box Tops Coordinator. Hey, it can be a tricky job. I have to make sure each box top (1"x 1") is cut appropriately around the dotted line, AND that the expiration date is still showing. Then I have to count each box top donated, make a tally for each class in my fancy excel spreadsheet, and then sort them into baggies of 50. (Her school gets 10 cents for each box top donated.)
So, as I was hunched over, sorting the box tops into piles of 10, I was wondering something. I was wondering if my sweet father would just die if he saw this scene, thinking of the thousands of dollars spent on my education. Do you think he could have predicted that this would be how I utilized my university knowledge?
*************************************************************
Rose found the beaver slippers.
Rose found the beaver slippers.
They all have to get a piece of Daddy when he gets home.
She realized she's not a baby anymore when she climbed in the walker and couldn't get out.

2 comments:
best photos ever, best photos ever. best photos ever, best photos, ever. they're not the worst, they are the best. when they're the best they're the best photos EVER!
I love that post! You know...I think that education was well worth the money for what you are doing! I mean, counting and sorting is hard work!
Post a Comment