Monday, April 13, 2015

D.I. State Tournament

We got an awesome email from Mrs. Mackey while we were in Colorado that Anna's DI team had been chosen as a bonus team for the State Tournament in Dallas!  There are 16 regions in Texas, but they allow 21 Project Outreach teams to compete. Metzler DInamites Reborn were one of five bonus teams chosen for their high scores at Regionals.  So we were Dallas bound!
 Anna got the day off from school, and got to visit the Dallas Zoo with her team.  Thomas had a UIL contest for Orchestra, so we left later and met up with the team in time for pin trading at State!
Both Metzler DI teams advanced to state.  DI-nofears were the Drama team from Metzler.
 We had a good feeling when we drove up to Dallas Skyline High School for the competition, and the last intersection before we arrived was the corner of Trace and St. Francis.  Trace is Metzler's Husky mascot's name, and St. Francis is Anna's favorite saint!  Mimi and Papa drove from Burleson and stayed at our hotel with us.  Unfortunately I have no pictures of the rest of the family...just the team.

 There was some down time during the day, and Anna spent some of that time collecting caterpillars in a courtyard.
 The team did great on their Central Challenge, and felt very positive about their Instant challenge.  

 The Closing Ceremonies were upbeat, electric, amazing.  I know someone who may have caught the DI bug....Hmmm.  Wonder if she'll try out next year?

 The winners were announced, and the top 6 from Texas advanced to Globals in Knoxville.  The Metzler DInamite Reborn came in 2nd place in the State of Texas!!!!!
 We're going to Globals!

 I love this team and these team managers.  What an amazing experience this has been for Anna!  She gave up 5th grade strings class to be in DI.  I'd say that decision has paid off.  Next stop...Knoxville, TN!

No comments: