Friday, May 11, 2012

Stream of consciousness

Jeremy and Thomas have been watching a lot of basketball lately.  It's a nightly thing here.  All I hear from the other room is the tennis shoes squeaking on the court.  It's a good thing I don't ever fixate on sounds to the point that I can't focus on anything else.  Nope.  Not me.  Just like I can go to a movie and never fixate on the people behind me rustling their candy or chewing their ice.  I'd never let that ruin a movie for me. 

Last week, my mom came to help me for a few days.  It was amazing.  She helped out with Isaac and Lucy during orthopedic and orthodontist appointments, she stayed with them so I could pick Rose up from school on her first days back with casts, she bought us dinner, she took me shopping for my birthday.  Unexpected visits are sometimes the best ones.  Also, my friends have been life-savers lately.  Little do they know, she gave them a break last week too.  Because I'm sure I would have been asking for MORE favors.  I've been blessed with so many helpers lately.  It's probably time I returned the favors.

Jonathan and DeeDee came with their kids for Annafest.  Here is a cute picture of all the kids after we sang 'Happy Birthday' to Anna.  There is nothing quite like cousin time, is there?


Isaac is becoming quite the mover.  And quite photogenic.  And quite the nutty professor.  Don't smile at this picture.  Don't do it.


I had a birthday.  The kids made me cards and rummaged through the playroom for some of their "worst favorite toys" to give me.  That is a true quote from one of them.  I feel so loved.  Maybe for Mother's Day they can bring me breakfast in bed.  How about Lucky Charms?  Just give me the toasted oats after you've already eaten the colorful marshmallow bits. 

I kid.  It was a good day.  I got a pedicure and Jeremy and I went on a date.  It was prom night, so it made the people watching even more fun.  Who knew white tuxedos were so popular?  Notice I said "popular," and not "handsome" or "classy."


Oh, 4 and 5.  I just want to squeeze you and kiss you to bits.  

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh my! I'm in stitches laughing at this post! You're so hilarious! Josh gets so annoyed with me, too, at the candy and popcorn thing at movies! It's a Parr girl thing!

Abby said...

Happy belated, dear Katie. And does Anna's dress come in grown-up sizes?

MELANIE said...

I love the picture of you and the kids on your birthday!!!!

I swear I commented on this already but it's not here? you crack me up.