Friday, November 20, 2009

11.20.09~New Moon~12:01:00 A.M.

Susan put a New Moon ticker on her blog in February. We've been counting down the days minutes seconds to the next great installment of the Twilight Saga. There were well over 250 days until the premiere when she posted it, and I thought the day would never come. Apart from the birth of my children, I'm not sure there was ever a day I anticipated with such ferver.

I watched all the interviews. I read everything I could that had the words Rob + Pattinson in it. I ran through a Kroger--hiding from aquaintances who may or may not have known anything about this little, er, hobby--with nothing in my truck shopping cart but two screaming kids and a few magazines the day they came out...(Well, I bought a Starbucks coffee while I was there for good measure.)
Our tickets were purchased in September for the movie that would start just after midnight on the 20th of November. We were ready. We arrived in our New Moon tees to a line that was already snaking around the theatre. We took our place in front of 11th graders finishing their homework--comfortable in their flannel pajama pants. They all had names like Ashley and Mikayla.

We ate some dinner, settled in, and waited.

We laughed--really hard. We may have had more fun than anyone else in that line. We bring the party, people. We really do.

I know you want to ask the question: Were you the oldest people in line? Ummm.....

Twilight spans all ages and demographics. There were high school girls, grandmas, Twi-moms, college kids, 30-somethings. You name it. (Of course, just like the Ashleys and Mikaylas born in the 90s, our group's demographic is just as telling with a Jennifer in it.)

We made our way inside at 9:30. My heart was fluttering. You think I'm kidding? I'm not.

We gave dear, sweet Sharon (on the other side of the world) a wake-up call from our seats. Our group is not complete without her. But, twist our arms. We're going--as a quartet--to see the movie during her upcoming visit.

I sent her this photo from the line:She sent me this photo from her bathroom. Touche, Sharon.

We laughed some more, got some snacks, read an article that--gasp!--we had not read before, and waited for midnight to come.


The movie was wonderful, awesome, lovely, delightful, yummy, suspenseful. But, my evening was perfect. I can't wait until June 30th...ladies.

Photobucket

7 comments:

sharon said...

June 30. It's on my calendar.

parsonsfamily said...

Ok....you've inspired me. I may be one of the only people who has not even read one book out of this series....I know, gasp! Well, I just ordered the box set because I figured with a newborn coming, I'll have lots of spare time on my hands. Maybe I'll be in line next to you on June 30. =)

MELANIE said...

Eeeeeeeeeee! It was so wonderful! I can't wait to see it again!! :)

The Moser Fam... said...

I am looking forward to seeing it soon! I love how die hard you are...looked like so much fun! :)

Lauren said...

Heehee! I loved it, too! And I want to tag along to your June 30th party....if you will have me!

Abby said...

Going on Friday...woohoo! Glad it was all you dreamed it could be. How many days 'til the next one??

Tammy said...

June 30th - what a great day to see Eclipse - my favorite book from the series!!