And just like that, another school year is finishing. I'm going to the mother of two--count them, two--junior highers. Alas. But, yea for summer! Here are some photos I uploaded from my phone from this month.
We could see Erin and Brad's hotel room from our hotel room in Knoxville. Once we discovered that, the kids were dying to wave from the window.
Over 185,000 miles. Made it to Knoxville and back no problem. But, dude. The car is getting uglier.
Metzler had a school-wide Oratory Contest. Every kid chose a poem, memorized, then performed it. There was a classroom winner, then a grade level winner before there was a contest to see who would be the overall winner. Rose made it to the final round with her poem I Am Running in a Circle by Jack Prelutzsky...and won!
She was the youngest kid since she was in the 3rd-5th grade category, and tied for first place with a 4th grader. So. Stinking. Proud.
My mom came for a visit, and I realized her lipstick looks like a Hershey Kiss.
She brought with her plants and flowers that attract butterflies to plant in our front flower bed. We're ready for you now, little butterflies!
I read a book that had be bawling my eyes out for a good twenty minutes. I made Jeremy go play a game on the X-box so I could cry in peace. Young Adult fiction. Gets me every time. This time it was All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven.
Post book...Post cry...Red nose.
I haven't posted a donut picture in awhile.
Oh, and this happened...
He's been asking for a big boy haircut. Ask, and you shall receive...and you shall pierce your mama's heart. :(
Thomas thought he broke his foot. This kid, I swear. Good news: He didn't break his foot. But, he did tear a ligament. It turns out that a ligament tear heals slower than a break. Great.
And finally, the end of the school year brings with it school awards. We are wrapping up another successful school year for everyone. These kids make it easy to be a mom most days. Love them to pieces.















No comments:
Post a Comment