Sunday, June 7, 2015

16 Years

 We celebrated our 16th anniversary with a trip to Fredericksburg!  I can't tell you how excited I was to go on a trip~just the two of us.  Mimi and Papa came to stay with the kids.  We really can never repay all of the good they have given us, but I am eternally grateful.  We had a weekend of wineries, food, no schedules, beautiful weather, and relaxation.  It was perfect.  The only bad part was that it had to come to an end.

Jeremy called ahead and had roses sent to our room to greet me when we got there.
Wineries visited:  Becker Vineyards, 4.0 Cellars, William Chris, Rancho Ponte, and Grape Creek
First stop:  Becker.  It was beautiful, and Jeremy wanted to check out the foliage.
Can I get me one of these chairs?
Selfie: Chillin' out maxin' relaxin all cool
Lunch at Hye Market with live music.  This was an old post office converted into a deli/market.

The vineyards at William Chris
We stopped by Garrison Brothers Distillery so Jeremy could taste some Texas bourban.
Mass at Saint Mary's
Breakfast selfie

 Sunday morning after breakfast we had some time to kill until the first winery opened, so we drove over to Luckenbach and hung out for a bit.





You can't go to Fredericksburg in peach season and not grab some to take home.


What a perfect weekend. What a fun 16 years.  Here's to the next 16!

No comments: