Tuesday, December 17, 2013

San Antonio-Part 2-The Race

The race was Saturday, December 14.  Thomas runs the 3000 meter 11-12 Boys race.  It was a pretty, blue-sky day with LOTS of wind.  Thomas's bib number was 2007, which he pointed out was the year he discovered his running talent...in Kindergarten!


 Thomas had a lot of spectators.  Jennifer and the kids drove down from Austin and joined us Saturday to cheer him on!
 I got a good shot of Homer talking to Thomas before the race.  Too bad I didn't have my big lens, or it would have been clearer.
 Thomas and 392 of his cohorts at the starting line.  This is a new experience for all of us, so I couldn't believe how many people were in each race!  It was so exciting.
 Thomas finished his race strong.  He finished in the top 2/3.  He wasn't overly excited about his finish time, but he'll run the same race next year, and will know more what to expect.


This boy is always thinking.


 While Thomas watched his teammates run their races, Anna got hold of my camera...




1 comment:

Lauren said...

I love that boy! I love that he noticed the significance of 2007! I love that he is always so pensive!

WAY TO GO, THOMAS!!!! :)