Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sunday Snippets

1.  Thomas had his first Cross Country developmental meet.  He did great.  His age division runs 3000 meters, which is what he ran in summer track.  While watching one of the girls' races, we saw a girl run off the grass toward her mom, tears in her eyes, with that look like, I just can't run another inch.  Her mom convinced her to finish.  Then I witnessed a dad yell to his daughter (who was right behind said girl), "Git her!  She's hurtin!  You can chase her down!"  Classy.  But I prefer the ole, "Come on Thomas!  Keep your shoulders back, bud!  200 meters to go!"  To each his own, I guess.
 2.  When Thomas was 18 months he got this sweet Roy Williams jersey.  I kept it.  Now it's a sweet Daje Johnson/Anthony Fera jersey.  Yep.  We have two number 4's.  :)
 3.  TEXAS BEAT OU!!  No one thought it could happen this year.  Matt came over to watch so we could commiserate after the game.  I liked these pictures I took of Jeremy and Matt during the game.  

 Holly could barely watch.  She was in disbelief~as we all were.
 And the girls played with Madeline all day.
 4.  Anna is growing up before our eyes.  She's starting to do her own hair, and she's interested in tween things like jewelry making and sleepovers and art projects that involve more than just crayons and a color book.  She had a new friend, Megan, spend the night, and they made a Pinterest creation Mrs. Mackey showed them at school.





No comments: