Friday, February 10, 2012

Reasons #173-175 why I love Kindergartners

What is it about a Kindergartner that is so squeezably awesome? Their eager spirit? Their sweet innocence? They do what they want and wear what they want. They still dance like no one's watching and they'll wear a paper George Washington hat all the way home on the school bus because that's what you do on President's Day. Now, I love first graders. But with first grade comes self-awareness and the bittersweet reality that your baby is actually a--duh duh DUH--big kid.

Some more reasons that Kindergartners rock (I must have missed my calling by not being early childhood certified, BTW)...

1. Rose finds herself in a bit of a conundrum. She can't decide if she wants to be a teacher when she grows up or a crayon maker.

2. She is so excited that our neighborhood has finally started a recycling program. (So am I!) She saves every tiny scrap of paper to put in the recycling bin.

3. We started a fun little thing at our house. It's like Secret Santas, but it's all year long. We call it the "Lucky Liardon" program. Every Sunday night we draw names and do nice things for our "Lucky Liardon" all week. Of course Rose is into this the most, and I'm not 100% sure it's because she's a Kindergartner. I'm sure it's also just because she's Rose. She made her first L.L., Thomas a door hang and two posters the very first night. I'm still waiting on Rose to draw my name. :)

3 comments:

MELANIE said...

I love Rose!! I love that she is loving kindergarten and has totally blossomed this year. I love that she's a girl after her auntie's heart--Donald calls me the recycle nazi at our house :) Way to go Rose. That's awesome. I love your Lucky Liardon thing too! :) :) :) :) :)

Mama/Linda said...

Rose is such a neat kid! Loved her at Christmas with the Elf on the Shelf, too. Hope she will write to her Nana some day!

the deKorne family said...

That's so cute. I'm excited to have one soon. Although I've really enjoyed just the good old 4 year old, too. I can't even stomach thinking about 1st grade. Ughhhh. Rose is so beautiful-inside and out!