Tuesday, June 7, 2011

So long, Preschool.

It is truly unbelievable to me that sweet Rose's Preschool days are through. At Kindergarten round-up in April (when I wasn't filling out one of the 139 forms they have you fill out) her nearly five years flashed before me. It seems like yesterday I was walking the neigborhood, dying to go into labor...or that we were taking her on her first trip to the beach...or that she was starting her first day of preschool.


Last month, she and I shared some quality time at the Mother's Tea. The kids perform songs for the moms, piece together our lunch, and create priceless mom artwork.
A funny sidenote: Before we started eating, each kid was instructed to walk over to her mom, grab her mom's hand, kneel down, look into her mom's eyes, and sing You Are My Sunshine. Now remember. I'm a Don't hug me. I'll hug you kind of person. I have a large personal space bubble. So does Rose. She walked over, sat in her chair, half-heartedly took one of my hands, looked to the side, and whispered You Are My Sunshine. I suppressed my giggle, and started getting gushy. I leaned over and whispered in her ear, "Rose, I used to sing this song to you every single night when you were a baby." Her reply was a very curt, "You've told me that before." Oh, sentimentality.


Here we are on the last day of preschool. Look out Kindergarten...Here comes Rosie!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow! Time flies...

Mama/Linda said...

That "personal space" cracks me up. Is is a Parr or Luckett thing?

Abby said...

This totally cracked me up. I will try to remember to let you do the hugging when that glorious day finally comes, but I can't make any promises. :)