I debuted as Brownie the Dog in the Storytime production of Goldilocks & The Three Bears this week at the preschool. My 30-something-year old knees may never forgive me. And Lucy may never call me "Mommy" again. I've been "Doggie" for 24 hours now.
When we got home from school yesterday, I was putting Lucy down for a nap.
Me: Lucy, what was your favorite part of the play today?
Lucy: I don't know.
Me: Who was your favorite character? Did you like Goldilocks? or Papa Bear? or Wee Baby Bear? or BROWNIE the DOG?!?!!?
Lucy: Ummm, I just like Nick Jonas.*
Seriously. What 2-year-old says that? A fourth child 2-year-old, that's who.
*Translation: "Y'all were okay, but it would have been fabulous if Nick Jonas could have at least made a cameo."
And I leave you with video of our little emergent reader. Teachers out there...look at the page turning, the fetching title, the engrossing beginning, middle, and end. She's a natural.
6 comments:
The best part...her "amen" at the end of the book...awesome! Oh..and you are cool for dressing up like a dog! :)
That cracked me up! I love the "amen!"
This entire post cracked me up. Like, a lot.
i LOVE it!! I love the Nick Jonas comment and the Amen at the end. I love that little Lucy girl!!! :)
6 points for her efforts in at least beginning 'explorer'! Some days, I can't even say it! Cut kid, Katie ;)
I love Lucy. Amen.
Post a Comment