Thursday, July 31, 2014

A Wager

 When his parents were here visiting, Jeremy mentioned that he wanted to build a dog shelter in the dog run.  Jeremy.  The guy who's never built anything ever.  He told his dad that he didn't think it would be too hard, and that he could probably whip something up that night.  His dad bet him $5 that he couldn't get it done that fast.  He had no materials, no experience, and the clock was ticking.

His parents left at 5:00.  At 5:01 Jeremy and I were on our way to Lowes.  (BTW: Don't tell Jeremy he can't do something.  i.e. UT Austin circa summer 1995-- They only accepted him provisionally, so he went on to make a 4.0 almost every semester of his college career.  The best 'told ya so' ever.)

Before his parents pulled into their driveway that night in Burleson, Jeremy had finished his first ever project.  A dog house.  Now the dogs' beds are under some shade, and off our porch.  

The kids wanted to paint it, and we obliged.  I'm not really sure what I was thinking letting them have at it with real paint, and there were some stressful moments--and some pink and blue splotches on the driveway--but it turned out so cute.


 While the girls painted the dog house, Thomas painted the makeshift counter top Jeremy installed in the garage.  Did I mention that I apparently married more of a handyman than I thought?
Oh, and Papa made good on his wager.  He even doubled the prize.

No comments: