Someone told me
It's all happening at the zoo.
I do believe it,
I do believe it's true.
I love a good Simon and Garfunkel lyric to start a post.
It was a beautiful and sunny Tuesday. A cool snap came and we needed jackets. Isaac and I dropped Thomas off at school, then headed to the zoo. Just me and my guy.
It was pretty close to perfection. Isaac set the pace of our day. He decided what animals to see, and for how long. He decided what to eat, and which animal he would ride on the carousel. I loved being along for the ride, and enjoyed the entire trip. What a gift.
The first thing Isaac wanted to do was go see the elephants. They were, um, swimming.
Even the chimpanzees are acclimated to the Houston climate. They were covering up with blankets and walking around. I got the biggest kick out of this. Some were even bundling up in blankets while they were swinging in a hammock. Love it.
This otter played with Isaac for probably five minutes. I shall name him Emmett.

2 comments:
What a fun day! I love Emmett. And um, the elephants? rude.
Love the zoo!! It never gets old. So nice of the elephants to give some entertainment - we got that from some orangutans last time.
Post a Comment