Sunday, February 23, 2014

Mr. Upward

 I joked from the end of November until now that we should change Jeremy's name to Mr. Upward.  He coaches three teams, has practices two nights a week, and three hours of back-to-back games on Saturdays.  He has a trusty white binder that holds all the kids' scores and awards, and a spreadsheet with the best way to make fair playing time for everyone.  He talks about basketball at dinner and on dates.  He loves it.  And I love how much he loves it and how much the kids (and their parents) love him. 

So once again, we opened our backyard to all the teams and their families to celebrate the end of another wonderful season.  
A wonderful 24-0 season for Mr. Upward and all three of his undefeated teams...
 Coach Jeremy and the K-2 Girls Bulldogs (split up into two pictures)

 Coach Jeremy and (some of) the 3rd/4th grade Girls Zebras
Coach Jeremy and (all but one) 5th/6th grade Boys Hawkeyes


I love watching kids play.
The girls decided to take over the front yard and the culverts and collect tadpoles
 while the boys organized a game of dodge ball in the backyard.


2 comments:

The Torno's said...

That is awesome, and I know Jeremy had to be excited they were all undefeated! :)

Lauren said...

What a great coach! Love this post!